- Decide on your Budget and stick to it.
- Decide your 3 Must HAVES.
- Choose a Venue with great bones - the less you have to decorate, the more money you save.
- Set your Guest Count and don't go over!
- Flower Budget needs to be realistic.
- Choose Flowers in Season.
Choosing Your Date
- Make sure when you choose a Month and Date for your wedding you know what's in season (ie. food, flowers, alcohol).
- Fridays, Sundays and Mid-Week are less expensive.
- Bridal Party vs. No Bridal Party (cost savings if you just choose Maif of Honour and Best Man).
- The longer the ceremony and more details you add the more it will cost your budget.
- Choose a Later Ceremony to skip Cocktail Hour.
- For Cocktail hour ~ Choose Mocktails as studies show the most alcohol consumed is during cocktail hour.
- Serve Wines on the Table (1 white/1 red).
Mixed Drinks and Shots cost more in the Bevies Budget.
- Do your pictures beforehand to save on guests waiting around and omit the cocktail hour.
- Make a list for your Photographer of MUST HAVE photo's to save time and waiting around.
- Let your guests know who is a part of what photo's and make sure they are waiting around to get those done ~ no need to chase them.